Friday, August 7, 2015

Monoprinting in Blackall

My final few days of my trip to the Central West of Queensland was a 2 day monoprinting workshop at Blackall.

My first trip to Blackall was 2 years ago when I did an artist in residence in association with Flying Arts and Blackall Cultural Association.

Jo and I travelled south from Barcaldine, and set up Maggie the etching press, and I shared my passion for monoprinting with 6 keen ladies.

I had a great time, and due to the small class size, I was able to print as well.

The photos speak for themselves......

Lorelei enjoying her printing.

Some of Lorelei's prints - an outback theme.
Jo printing - a big plate!

Ros positioning leaves on her plate, ready for printing.

One of Ros's prints from the plate she's working on
 in the previous photo.
Sally with her underwater themed prints.
Group shot with Maggie the press.
I'm holding one of Ros's prints as she was absent for
the photo.

1 comment:

  1. Love'em. Monoprinting is both cathartic and obsessive. ;- ]

    ReplyDelete