Thursday, September 15, 2011

10 days

Yesterday I flew back from a holiday in New Zealand.  As we travelled around Northland in our motorhome, I reflected that not only was I seeing a different country, I had 10 days away from.....
  • the ringtone of my mobile phone
  • the television and internet, especially emails
  • my to-do list obsession
  • waking up to deadlines and a daily routine
  • knowing what day it is
  • my art studio - i had time to reflect rather than do
That's really what a holiday is about, isn't it.  A temporary shelter from the everyday, from having to be focussed and on a rigid timetable.
I returned home yesterday feeling like I'd been away for ages, refreshed and ready to launch into my art....once I finish unpacking and doing the washing that is!

1 comment:

  1. 10 days away from the to-do list?

    aggghhhhh!!!!!! NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

    (runs from the building in horror smashing into trees and stepping on sleeping cats tails)

    ReplyDelete