Thursday, July 21, 2011

Back on track

I do my best thinking in the shower.  But last night I solved my Quebec print dilemma lying awake in bed trying to get some sleep wishing I hadn't succumbed to my caffeine need earlier in the day.

As you know from my blog post 2 days ago ('a step too far') that I had accidentally ruined my finished monoprints that are to be exhibited in Quebec in September.  I'd concluded that all was lost and I needed to start again.

Well, last night I had a revelation!   Why not print OVER the wrinkled embossed area........ and it worked!  The prints aren't dry yet but it seems that I have managed to not only fix the problem but actually improved the finished works.  I like them much better now than they were before. 

Just goes to show NEVER give up.   Yesterday at the Studio it was 4pm before I produced one print that I liked.  Hours and hours of persistence paid off.  And today at the Studio, armed with my late night revelation and heaps of confidence, I was able to sail through the day, fixing the 4 ruined prints and finishing off another 4, just in case the wrinkles come back after the prints dry.

All in all, a very positive experience with some very tough lessons learnt.

I'll post some photos of the finished works in the next couple of days.  Tonight I'm just enjoying the moment.

2 comments: