Sunday, February 27, 2011

Making paper

One of my recent projects was have a go at making a large sheet of paper.   I borrowed a large frame measuring over 1 metre x 1 metre from a friend, and used the pour method to create a sheet of banana and onion skin paper.

The paper was quite uneven (obviously I need more practice at pouring) and it took a few days to dry on the frame, longer than I expected.

Right now I'm not sure what I will do with the paper, it will have to be something special given its size.  I'm thinking of a sculptural piece, maybe incorporated into one of my large weavings.  Stay tuned!

I used a large sheet of plastic over bricks
and planks of wood to hold the water bath in which the
frame floated

The paper drying after draining off the water

1 comment:

  1. looks great ..well done. Not the easiest thing to do. Look forward to seeing what yoiu decide to do with it. xlynda

    ReplyDelete