Sunday, December 19, 2010

The Latest News

I just realised that I hadn't blogged for a few weeks, but a lot has happened in my art practice......
Bower1, Monotype, 2010

At the annual Impress Printmakers Auction in late November, I sold one of my favourite works 'Bower1' which had featured on the invitation.

In December, I sold 11 of my monotype prints, to be framed and hung in the Mater Private Hospital.  These prints include a selection from my pineapple series and my bird series - Bower, Homage to the Pidgeon, and The Trouble with Turkeys.  It gives me great pleasure knowing my colourful and often quirky artwork will lift someone's spirits whilst they are in hospital. 



Craig waiting patiently for me,
this time outside Neil's Art Store, Fitzoy.
 He is so supportive!

Other news.... in the first week of December I travelled to Melbourne with my partner Craig and was able to check out a lot of arty special places around the city area.  Of particular note - The Sticky Institute where I found a den of zine culture.  In Fitzoy and Collingwood, I visited Beautiful Silks - beautiful fabrics and threads, I bought enough silk to make a pinafore to eco-dye.  Also Neil's Art Store where I took a peek inside their press workshop and had a interesting chat with their press engineer.  In Zetta Florence, I found gorgeous paper accessories featuring imagery such as birds and butterflies.  I also visited Australian Print Workshop's Impressions exhibition - Suzanne Danaher's etching was my favourite.  In.cube8r gallery - artists rent glass cubicles to display their wares - what a great idea!  And in Preston, Pedigree Paper - a factory outlet of paper, fill a bag of offcuts for $5.  A very busy week travelling on trams, trains and buses, and my bag on the return flight was much, much heavier!





No comments:

Post a Comment