Monday, May 3, 2010

Lost and Found

During my week at Coochiemudlo Island in April, I worked on pages for an artists book.  I ended up making 2 books in a series I entitled "Lost and Found". 

The prints and text were inspired by the diversity and fragility of the island's tidal mangrove environments.

The books are not bound, with the 16 prints contained in a clam-shell box.  I wanted to allow the viewer an interactive experience - they can re-order the pages to discover their own visual version of 'Coochie'.


tidal place
tidal time
retreat, surge
drifting

estuarine
flooded forest
diamond light
dancing across the water

subtidal
beach drift
wanderings in the sand
bleached remnants

beneath
lazy water shadows
mud, cool, mud
primeval aroma

reflections
skimming the surface
shifting patterns
of sand and time

ocean currents
transient presence
breathe in
breathe out

sun-bleached
skeletal vestiges
two worlds
above and below

tidal scars
exposed
tracks and trails
ephemeral

1 comment:

  1. I love books/art that is hands on and interactive. Great colors.

    ReplyDelete